Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Elementary School...

Just got back from a trip to a local elementary school with my classmates.  On Wednesdays, my classmates and I usually go on trips organized by the school here.  Last week, we went to a small tea village where we got to look around, help pick tea, and climb into the hills to talk with the women picking tea. Quite fun.  Anyway, today we went to an elementary school to look around and see how they're run in China.  It ended up being really fun, though I was really tired going into it.  We sat in on two classes: the first was an art class where they painted and performed with shadow puppets.  We all got to help make the puppets, so that was fun.  The second class was an English class, maybe?  Anyway, alot of the kids has questions written out to ask us in English like "What's your favorite color/food/type of weather/etc.?"  I signed my name there more times than I can count.  It seemed like every kid in the whole school wanted our autographs...it was fun for awhile, but got a bit overwhelming when there were literally 15 kids swarming around you demanding your name.  It was weird...but fun.  

Anyway, just got back from that, and now I'm about to watch some Offce on the computer.  Might go to the gym in a bit, but will probably just go eat Korean food instead, haha.  Update again later. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment