Thursday, April 23, 2009

Frustrated

So, went into the teacher's office today to talk about classes grades and such.  It was fine, no big deal, except for one thing.  Wednesday during my 8 AM class, I was a bit tired and not exactly on focus.  I mentioned to my teacher that I was up late finishing a movie I was watching (after I had finished studying, mind you), so what does she proceed to do? Tell the head of our program that my class performance is suffering because I've been watching too many English movies and English tv shows.  What the heck?  Was she kidding?  I mean, really, who does that?  Anyway, so instead of having a constructive talk today with the head of the program, she instead berated me for 20 minutes for not "immersing myself completely" in the program by being in contact with English too much.  I'm in college now...pushing 22 years old.  I think I can handle things myself without someone telling me to stop watching tv.  And the thing is, I'm not watching that much, if it even makes a difference.  Ugh, whatever.  I'm so over this program at this point.  I'm just ready to finish up and looking forward to my next few weekends of travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment