Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Short Post...

Wore shorts and a short sleeved collared shirt today because the weather was nice, but I swear I've never gotten so many stares in my entire life.  People in China don't seem to change clothes with the seasons seeing as everyone is still decked out in winter coats, boots, and jackets.  It's really strange, so I thought I'd be a rebel today and dress weather-appropriate.

Went to a market today with a friend to buy some luggage for Thailand.  I have a weekend back but it wasn't  big enough for everything I need for a week, and I don't particularly want to bring a suitcase.  I'm not sure I trust SoutEast Asian airlines with my luggage.  Anyway, went to the market, and it was an experience.  Nothing has tags so we got to bargain which was fun.  I bought a fake NorthFace duffel for 40 kuai (less than 6 dollars) which was a pretty good quality.  Think I still paid a bit too much, but whatever.  My friend bought a couple of nicer quality bags that were sorta expensive (though still under 20 bucks, haha) so all in all, it was a fun trip.

Currently trying to finish up studying for midterms.  I only have 2 more this week.  Additionally, I have to register for classes at Ole Miss later tonight, which is proving to be quite a hassel.  Regardless, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Anyway, update again before I leave for THAILAND ON SATURDAY!!!!!!

1 comment: